Risky Conversation Assessment Form
1. What do I want to say?
2. What am I saying instead?
3. What is the best that can happen if I speak up?
4. What is the worst that can happen if I speak up?
5. Is the best that can happen worth risking the worst that can happen?
6. Can I live with the worst that can happen if it does?
7. What is the best I can hope for if I donít speak up?
8. What is the worst that can happen if I donít speak up?
9. Is the worst that can happen if I donít speak worth risking the worst that can happen if I do?
10. What is the worst that could happen if I donít speak? What is the likely price of silence?
11. Am I compromising my personal integrity by remaining silent on this issue?
12. Is my silence allowing the perpetuation of an injustice?
13. By remaining silent, am I compromising a long-term value to avoid short-term discomfort?
14. Based on my responses, do I want to speak or remain silent on the subject?
You may use any of these articles in your newsletter, publications, or on your web site. Please:
1. Let us know when and how you are using the article via email:
2. If it is a web posting, please link back to this article by copying the article URL address. Also include a link to the SpeakStrong website, www.speakstrong.com.
3. Place Meryl’s tag line at the end of the article with all her contact information. Thanks!
Meryl Runion and Speak Strong (SpeakStrong) provides Power Phrases (PowerPhrases) and other tools to help you improve communication skills at work and at home. You can read more about her at www.speakstrong.com.
Meryl is the author of six books on communication that have sold over a quarter million copies worldwide, including Speak Strong, PowerPhrases!, How to Use PowerPhrases, Perfect Phrases for Managers and Supervisors, and How to Say It: Performance Reviews. You can reach her at 719-684-2633, or by email:
You can also follow Meryl on Twitter: http://twitter.com/merylrunion.
Archived Articles Article Reuse Policy Forward This Article to a Friend Sign Up Today For
A PowerPhrase A Week Newsletter
Speak StrongGuided Processing SystemsPersuasion Sales EmailPerformance Management Workplace Communication Communication Styles Bio Sensitive IssuesBook and Movie Reviews